Looking for something? Start typing here:
FAQs and Support
- Updating to Scots Blogger & CMS to Version 3.1
- Updates and Release Notes
- Permalink URL Problem
- Scot's Blogger vs Wordpress
- Updating from Version 1 to 2
- Updating From Version 2 to Version 3
- Stores using Scot's Blogger
- Blog Settings
- Content Creator / Editor Page
- Page Templates
- Config Screen (V1 and V2)
- Link Manager
- SMT Page Items
- Structures and Data
- Scot's Blogger and the Suivant Ready Theme
- Social Sharing and Images
Examples & How To's
- How to Remove the Author Name
- Scots Blogger Template Snippets and Explanations
- Import Posts and Comments
- How to Make Your Editor the Same Style as Your Blog Page
- How to Create a List of Blog Posts
- Facebook Like Button
- How to Use the Link Manager for Affiliate and Other Links
- Custom CSS
- The Editor Logs Me Out - Easy Fix
- Stop Google from Indexing the AJAX File
- Strange MYSQL Errors
- I Have Old Posts, Where Are the Archives?
- My Article Totals Are Off
- Google Analytics
- Permalink URL Problem
- The Gallery Installation
- The Gallery How To's
- The Gallery Overview
- Scot's Blogger
Scot's Blogger is used to created this support system.
Updating From Version 2 to Version 3
Version 3 has many updates, the most exciting being the ability to create multiple blogs.
last updated April 23, 2019
Version 3 is worth the update but you need to take a few minutes to make a few changes in your templates and other settings as described below.
Version 3 is a great update to Scot's Blogger, however you will need to spend ten minutes on a few items to make sure the update works as intended. DOWNLOAD the new version from the product page to get started.
Configuration update: The configuration tab has been removed. Now you configure your blog in the BLOGS tab.
VERY IMPORTANT: the version 3 update should not be done automatically from within the module. If you try to do it this way problems will occur.
1. Upload the new module in your Miva Merchant administration.
MENU > MODULES
and open "Scot's Blogger and CMS"
2. Click the "Files" tab and upload the new module
3. Click on the green "Update" button - IMPORTANT
Go to the Scot's Blogger administration and click on the "Blogs" tab. This is where the module configuration has been moved. Check over the settings and make sure everything is correct.
1. Go to the Scot's Blogger administration and click on the "Blogs" tab. Open your blog and go to the last section, "Permalinks."
2. Update/Refresh the .htaccess file (if you do not see an option to do this make sure you have "Use Permalinks" turned on.)
There are two updates that must be made in the SCOTSBLOGGER_TEMPLATE page or certain items will break after the htaccess update.
1. Change search form action from
<form method="post" action="&mvt:global:sessionurl;">
<form method="post" action="&mvt:global:scotsblogger_search_url;">
2. Remove the following two lines from the search form:
<input type="hidden" name="store_code" value="&mvte:global:store_code;"> <input type="hidden" name="screen" value="&mvte:global:screen;">
3. change the link for "all" in the sidebar to
The "all" link may be in a block like this:
<mvt:if expr="g.scotsblogger_permalink_extension EQ 'html'"> <a href="&mvt:global:scotsblogger_baseurl_link;.&mvte:global:scotsblogger_permalink_extension;">all</a> <mvt:else> <a href="&mvt:global:scotsblogger_baseurl_link;&mvte:global:scotsblogger_permalink_extension;">all</a> </mvt:if>
You can safely replace this entire block with the new code above.
Shadows/Elements theme: if you are using Shadows/Elements Readytheme, the "all" link probably looks like this:
Replace this with the new "all" link above.
4. Update the category sidebar. This will make sure it loads categories associated with the blog. If you wish to leave it as is, it will load all categories in the system. Either way works.
Find this line:
<mvt:do file="g.smr_libpath $ 'cats.mvc'" name="l.settings:scotsblogger:categories" value="get_top_level_parent_list()" />
And replace get_top_level_parent_list() with get_get_blog_cat_list() like this:
<mvt:do file="g.smr_libpath $ 'cats.mvc'" name="l.settings:scotsblogger:categories" value="get_blog_cat_list()" />