Custom Attribute Price gives you the ability to create a product and let your customers enter a price they want to pay. It uses a product attribute which means the name, code, and price of the entry will show up in all checkout steps and order reports without any extra coding.
This module is useful for donations, tips, invoices, open ended gift certificates, and more.
Open the PRODUCT DISPLAY
(PROD) page and click the ITEMS tab and assign the
CUSTOMAP: Custom Attribute Price item to the page.
Open the PRODUCT DISPLAY LAYOUT section of the template and add the following page item just above the closing
</form> tag for the ADD TO CART form.
<mvt:item name="customap" param="set_data()" />
If it's hard to find the form, look for
name="quantity" which is the quantity input field and/or check for
name="add" which is often the name of the form.
This page item creates a hidden field to let the module know the product is being used for a custom attribute price.
How to Use
Create a text attribute for a product you want to use this for by:
- open (or create) the product to edit - price can be 0 or some other amount
- click on the ATTRIBUTES tab
- click on the blue ADD ATTRIBUTE button
- code: customap
- prompt: whatever you want it to be - this will also show up in the basket
- type: text field
- price: leave at 0
- required: optional, turn it on if you want
The module is now set up. When a customer visits the product, whatever amount they type in the text attribute field will used as the price for the attribute.
- This module only works for positive values. If a customer enters a negative value for the price it won't be accepted as the attribute price. Note that the product will still be added to the cart and the negative value will show up in the basket option list but without a price.
- It doesn't matter if the customer enters the $ in their amount number; the module will strip it out.
- This works for single item
ADPR add to cart. Multi add
ADPM is not supported at this time.
This product content is created and managed with Instapages.